I saw this on one of the blogs I follow and I feel like doing it. So here are some random things about me….
25 Get to Know Me Q’s
1. What is your middle name?: John. So my name is Peter John. Coming from a really religious family this shouldn’t really surprise anyone.
2. What was favorite subject at school?: Hmm, that depends. In high school I loved all my social studies classes. In college I preferred Economics and Poli Sci. Now I am more focused on psychology, philosophy, gender studies, and sexuality.
3. What is your favorite drink?: Non-Alcoholic: Earl Grey Tea, Beer: Killian’s Irish Red, Guinness Stout, or Sam Adams Summer Ale depending on my mood and the season, Liquor: Johnnie Walker Scotch
4. What is your favorite song at the moment?: Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars
5. What is your favorite food?: Probably yellow curry, or sushi.
7. Favorite book of all time?: The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. It is technically seven books but I count it as one epic tale.
8. Favorite Color?: Light blue
9. Do you have any pets?: jYep, Higgins (Higgsnasty, Giggles, The Professor, Higgs, etc)
10. Favorite Perfume?: None, I don’t really like artificial smells on myself or others.
11. Favorite Holiday?: Meh… none really. New Years can be fun, and I like celebrating the Solstices and other season changes.
12. Are you married?: Yep. I didn’t expect to ever get married but I met a wonderful partner who had similar enough views on kids, monogamy, and lifestyle. Our marriage is far from traditional but it works for us.
13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?: Yep. Canada a few times to visit my brother, Mexico twice (once with a church group and once with some army buddies), Cameroon while I was in college, and Afghanistan and Iraq while in the Army.
14. Do you speak any other language?: I can understand a little German and Russian but nothing fluent.
15. How many siblings do you have?: Four younger brothers and one younger sister.
16. What is your favorite shop?: None.
17. Favorite restaurant?: Hmm, I would guess The Spot down in Los Angeles. Or maybe Doomie’s or Swingers.
18. When was the last time you cried?: A few weeks ago when my partner and I went to see Catching Fire.
19. Favorite Blog?: No real favorites. I like reading personal blogs of friends or blogs about random interests of mine like mental health, polyamory, transhumanism, sex education, history, spirituality, etc
20. Favorite Movie?: V for Vendetta probably, though I just watched The Lego Movie for the first time and liked it a lot.
21. Favorite TV shows?: Probably The Wire… but I watch a fair amount of TV via streaming services. The Office and Parks and Rec are my “go to” shows a lot of the time.
22. PC or Mac?: PC
23. What phone do you have?: Samsung Galaxy 4 Mini
24. How tall are you?: 5’8″
25. Can you cook?: I can follow directions pretty well. Cooking wasn’t something I really started doing until a year or so ago. I am still learning.