Alright, another week has gone by and I’m still pretty happy with the results. The week started off pretty rough and I had a hard time getting into my daily routine. There was a lot more going on around the house, which made it more difficult for me to get the day started off on the right foot. That is mostly just an excuse though, I need to be able to operate in non-ideal circumstances and blaming a bad start to the day to justify not accomplishing things is shitty. The truth is, I was just lazy and didn’t meditate or write as much as I wanted to. I was able to keep my run schedule and such, which is good.
I haven’t been getting as much sleep as I’d like because my dog is an asshole. I’m not sure what is really going on with him, he is waking us up for breakfast really early. I think the new food we started him on isn’t keeping him as full as the old stuff. Oh well, I’m sure we will figure something out. Despite the lack of sleep I have been feeling pretty good on only 7ish hours.
I also haven’t had any heartburn in two weeks. I’d guess either alcohol or the processed foods I used to eat were the culprit. It has been rather nice to be free of that inconvenience. Speaking of alcohol, there were not really any cravings for beer this week, which was also nice. This next week will be challenging as well, we are going to go to St. Louis for about a week starting on Thursday (probably). That mans I won’t have the kitchen I’m used to, we will be driving two days (which is always tough to eat healthy and get exercise) and there will be lots of food and drink to tempt. I’m not going to abstain from new experiences, but hopefully Anna and I can keep each other accountable and enjoy in moderation.
Overall, I’m happy with the direction my fitness is going. I’m burning off excess fat and getting stronger. I feel healthier, more energetic and productive, and more mentally strong. I know that many of the measurements are going to stop having such drastic changes, such as weight loss. I will eventually plateau my weight loss (which is good) but that means I need to find something else to measure as a motivating factor. Hopefully by then I will have access to a gym and can keep track of weights or something. I also realize a lot of these measurements are fickle… I’m trying to measure myself with a tape measure, which means human error, and weighing myself on the scale is not really an accurate representation of my weight because water in my system and a full bowels can effect the outcome. I’m keeping track more to look for trends instead of absolute measurements. New photos are available in here, as always they contain terrible tan lines, a sloppy man bun, and full-frontal nudity. I decided to use a real camera and a couple of poses so that it is easier to visually track my progress. It is hard to compare photos but I feel like I have more definition in my back and shoulders (though, that might be the tan) and my waist is slimming down a little.
Oh well, here are the measurements. It is set up like this Measurement: Current (change from last week, overall change). For example, my weight is 173 right now so it will look like this “Weight: 173 lbs (-2, -2.5)”. I lost two pounds this week, and two and a half overall.
- Weight: 173 lbs (-2, -2.5)
- Waist: 35 inches (-.5, -1.5)
- Neck: 15. inches (-.25, 0)
- Chest: 39.7 inches (+.25, -.25)
- Left Bicep: 13.75 inches (+.25, -.25)
- Right Bicep: 13.5 inches (+.5, -.5)
- Left Thigh: 23 inches (-1, -1.25)
- Right Thigh: 23.5 inches (-.5, -1.75)
- Left Calf: 15 inches (+.25, +.5)
- Right Calf: 15 inches (+.25, +.5)
- BMI: 26.3 (-.46, -.76)
- Body Fat %: 21.18 (-1.86, -3.84)
- Average Daily Calories: 1696.86 (-66.57)
- Average Waking Mood: 5.43 out of 10 (+2.19)
- Average Midday Mood: 7.43 out of 10 (+0)
- Average Evening Mood: 7.14 out of 10 (-.15)
- Average Morning Sex Drive: 5.43 out of 10 (+0)
- Average Midday Sex Drive: 6.71 out of 10 (-.15)
- Average Evening Sex Drive:6.14 out of 10 (+.43)
- Walked: 18.5 Miles (-.25, 37.25)
- Ran: 11 Miles (+6.5, 16.5)
- Biked: 9.25 Miles (4.25, 14.25) – My bike is at the shop getting repaired and probably won’t be back this week
- Pull Ups: 66 (+15, 117)
- Push Ups: 390 (+50, 730)
- Plank: 9.25 minutes (+.75, 17.75)
- Meditated: 30 minutes (-40, 100)
- Average Nightly Sleep: 7.61 hours (-.25)
- Daily Orgasm: 3 out of 7 (-2)
- Blog Posts: 7 out of 7 (+1)
- Daily German: 6 out of 7 (+1)
- Daily Write Book: 0 out of 7
- Resting Heart Rate: 54bpm (-4, -5)
- “Destructive Emotions: A Scientific Dialogue with the Dalai Lama” by Daniel Goleman
- “The Great Hunt” by Robert Jordan