It has been another busy week for us and my routine has been a little off. I missed a lot of work outs and several runs, and have been kind of struggling to keep up with my writing and my meditation. Hopefully, now that we are in Wilmington (yay!), I can get into a better routine again. We are staying in the spare room in the house of an awesome, beautiful, sweet, kind, gloriously cool friend that we met on Couchsurfing (another reason to travel is that you get to meet cool people who can help you out in new cities).
I actually gained one pound this week, but my waist shrank by half an inch so my body fat % was actually down. I think there are three overlapping cause of my weight gain this week:
- The way I report my measurements is, by necessity, just a snapshot of two points in time and not a motion picture. Those individual snapshots can be outliers in the grand scheme of things, which throws off the weekly report. The graph below shows my weight change over the last five weeks and, despite gaining a pound this week, I am still along the trend line. Basically, my extreme low last week was an artificial low based on dehydration, empty bowels, etc.
- I also had kind of a bad fitness week. I had several days of higher calorie consumption and missed some exercise. This could have impacted my results for today.
- It is also possible that I’m approaching a plateau. In the past my body has trended towards 195lbs, 180lbs, and 170lbs. I am right in the 170 range right now. If in a couple weeks I am still stagnant at 170 (and I decided I want to keep trying to lose weight), I’ll look into some exercise and dietary changes to push my system past this plateau.
Anyway, here are my current measurements, with the normal disclaimer that human error and variations in my body like full bowels, hydration, etc can create inaccuracies. I’m still happy with the direction things are heading… burning fat and getting stronger. I know I haven’t posted any photo updates recently, it has just been logistically difficult. Hopefully I can remedy that soon.
It is set up like this Measurement: Current (change from last week, overall change). For example, my weight is 16 right now so it will look like this “Weight: 16 lbs (+1, -11)”. I gained one pound in one week and lost eleven pounds since “Day 0” (July 8th).
- Weight: 167 lbs (+1, -11)
- Waist: 34 inches (-.5, -2.5)
- Neck: 15.25 inches (-.5, -.25)
- Chest: 40.5 inches (+.5, +.75)
- Left Bicep: 13.25 inches (-.25, -.75)
- Right Bicep: 13.5 inches (+.5, -.5)
- Left Thigh: 23.25 inches (+.75, -1)
- Right Thigh: 23.25 inches (+.75, -2)
- Left Calf: 14.5 inches (-.5, +.25)
- Right Calf: 15 inches (-.5, 0)
- BMI: 25.39 (+.15, -1.67)
- Body Fat %: 19.75 (-1.42, -5.47)
- Average Daily Calories: 11917.86 (+124.29)
- Average Waking Mood: 5.14 out of 10 (-0.435)
- Average Midday Mood: 6.86 out of 10 (0)
- Average Evening Mood: 7.43 out of 10 (+0.36)
- Average Morning Sex Drive: 5.00 out of 10 (-0.43)
- Average Midday Sex Drive: 6.00 out of 10 (-0.14)
- Average Evening Sex Drive: 6.43 out of 10 (+0.645)
- Walked: 10 Miles (-15.75, 73)
- Ran: 5.5 Miles (-15.5, 43)
- Biked: 10 Miles (+4, 30.25)
- Pull Ups: 11 (-57, 196)
- Push Ups: 109 (-216, 1,164)
- Plank: 1.5 minutes (-6.5, 27.25)
- Meditated: 50 minutes (+20, 180)
- Average Nightly Sleep: 7.14 hours (-0.63)
- Daily Orgasm: 6 out of 7 (N/A)
- Blog Posts: 5 out of 7 (N/A)
- Daily German: 0 out of 7 (N/A)
- Daily Write Book: 0 out of 7 (N/A)
- Resting Heart Rate: 76bpm (+16, +15)
- “Destructive Emotions: A Scientific Dialogue with the Dalai Lama” by Daniel Goleman
- “The Gift” by Hafiz