What follows are some of my bucket list items. I am not doing these simply to check the box, they are means to an end and not the end itself. The “end” is to get the most out of my life by experiencing new things, meeting new people, and visiting new places. These items are a rough idea of how I want to do that.
My bucket list falls into three basic categories: Events, Adventures, and Accomplishments. I am actively pursuing all three categories at the same time.
Events: Basically one time things that are mostly determined by a specific time and place.
- Burning Man (completed 2011)
- Complete a Marathon
- Complete a Warrior Dash (or similar event)
- NYC for New Years
- Amsterdam on 4/20
- Ireland for St. Patrick’s Day
- Kiss the Blarney Stone
- Rio de Janeiro for Carnival
- Pamplona for Running of the Bulls
- New Orleans for Mardi Gras
- Brew my own beer
Adventures: These are time-intensive journeys that involve serious preparation.
- Bike across the United States (Completed Summer 2012)
- Create and Drive an Art Car at Burning Man
- Hike the Appalachian Trail
- Hike the Pacific Coast Trail
Accomplishments: These are life time goals that involve a lot of investment and focus over years or decades.
- Visit 100 countries
- Free Fall Skydive on every continent
- Visit all 50 states
- Sail all four Oceans